SIAscopy is a quick and quite a painless diagnostic technique.
One of the most effective and accurate methods for the moment is a SIAscopy method – a spectrophotometric analysis.
For researches SIAscopy machine is used. It was developed by the Cambridge University scientists . Its essence is based on the interaction between light beams of different wave lengths and the pigment melanin as well as hemoglobin and collagen.It works on deep layers of the skin, penetrating power is up to 2 mm.
Siascopy allows nonsurgically and easily explore different skin formations, which will be reflected on the screen in the form of three-dimensional images. It allows examining in detail the skin neoplasm, its structure, color, melanin and hemoglobin concentration. Also you can see in detail all blood vessels.
Such multispectral image allows for a short time to get the data about the real state of almost any skin formation. Site of interest of dermatoscopy images is increased, allowing the physician easily identify any deviations.
The undertaken study allows the doctor to make the right decision – either to follow up the neoplasm with its periodic surveys or urgently have it removed.
The peculiarity of the equipment is that all of the information and the picture is stored in the memory. The doctor prints a duplicate and gives it to the patient. It is quite convenient for following up the dynamics of skin lesions – to use the method of determining overlay. The system has a special electronic atlas. It is proved that the efficiency of melanoma diagnosis using Siascopy is more than 96%.
It should be remembered that the diagnosis of skin neoplasm is the best way to prevent serious illness. Timely consult a doctor who will prescribe the necessary examination.
During Siascopy separately the following can be seen:
– Dermatoscopical image of skin formation by means of which a real, visible color and the outer structure of the lump are seen.
– Melanin – areas of darker color display spaces with a high concentration of pigment, light color – with a lower concentration of the pigment.
– Dermal melanin – the white areas indicate a lack of melanin in the papillary dermis. Green, blue, red and black areas indicate an increasing concentration of melanin in the papillary dermis.
– Hemoglobin – areas of darker color display space with a high concentration of hemoglobin, light color – with a lower concentration of hemoglobin.
– Collagen – areas of light color display space with a higher collagen concentration, dark color – with a lower concentration.